Process Street Team Tips!

It’s time for the Process Street team to strut their stuff!

This topic is a place for our team to share their tips and tricks related to process design, management, using Process Street, and much, much more. It’s a great place to brush up on how to get the most out of your workflows and see how the Process Pros get things done.

Take it away Process Street!

This is a great idea and I’ll go first! My first tip is to make sure that you’re prioritizing the way you build your workflows.

Build your processes in full with as little detail as you can. It sounds counterintuitive but we see that leads to the most success. Once you have roughed out the tasks, go through the process to see if you missed anything.

Always start by building your tasks and headers and get the structure down before you start populating tasks with form fields and subtasks. Once you’ve got those done you can move on to giving specific instructions, providing images and videos, and so on.

That way your team can start running the workflow as soon as possible (even if the whole thing isn’t populated), and you won’t have to make as many edits later on because you made a mistake with the structure.

A process is continually evolving. This is healthy. Just keep editing and adjusting incrementally!

2 Likes

I’d say multi-select on tasks when you’re building workflows - it’s so useful!

You can make changes to multiple tasks at once by holding down your shift key and selecting the first and last of the tasks you would like to edit in order, or by holding the command or control key and then selecting each individual task that you would like to set actions on.

Once you’ve selected your tasks, you can choose what to do next;

Set a due date on all of them, assign users and groups, change permissions for those tasks, move them around in your workflow or turn all of them into stop tasks to enforce the order your workflow runs are completed in.

2 Likes

Definitely quick archiving for me! I’ve used so many different workflows, and I don’t always need all of them active at the same time. So to keep my Reports dashboard clear of unnecessary workflow runs, I archive workflows directly. Archiving a workflow also archives all of the existing workflow runs for it, which lets me easily see all of my other data without needing to make custom views or to go through each run individually archiving them.

Plus all of the workflow runs will stay archived once you unarchive the workflow they’re from, so whe I need to use it again I can just start making new workflow runs without worrying about the old ones showing up again.

2 Likes

Building new workflows is super easy if you already have an Excel or Google Sheet set up with your task list in it. I’ve seen a few customers who didn’t realize this, but you can copy a column from your sheet and paste it into your task list in the workflow editor to copy over all of your tasks in one go.
Really helps with what Jason mentioned with building your workflows in as little detail as you can to get a functioning version of it built in the shortest possible time.

1 Like